Of the 69 finalists for the Knight Arts Challenge, which solicits ideas for the arts and provides funding, several are of particular interest to Curbed readers (though all are pretty exciting). Here's what some of our favorites want to do: · The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia wants to host a competition for artists to design new bike racks.
· Muralist David Guinn wants to have artists bring temporary wall installations to Center City.
· Geoffrey Thompson wants to design coverings for steam vent diversion pipes.
· Lee Ann Etzold wants to produce a theatrical performance written and performed by residents of two adjacent neighborhoods.
· South Street Headhouse District wants to organize a series of "popup and street events featuring music, theater and visual arts"
· VIADUCTgreene wants to make a temporary site installation and sponsor an international ideas competition.
· Muralist David Guinn Finds a Way to Go to Fewer Meetings [CPHI]