clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Gallery: The Demolition of Ruffin Nichols Memorial Church

[Photos by Laura Kicey.]

The demolition of the Ruffin Nichols AME Church, built by Napolean LeBrun in 1844, continues. It's now owned by Keystone, which felt preservation was not financially viable and so is using the land for residential construction (sound familiar?). Weird, discomfiting trivia: The church was featured on the National Geographic show Abandoned.