Developer Ken Goldenberg, who heads up Market East Associates—one of the groups competing for the city's second casino license—spoke with the Inquirer's Suzette Parmley about his vision for the five-story entertainment complex he's dubbed Market8.
Here are some details of what he hopes will be approved for the land he owns at Eighth and Market (currently a parking lot):
· Two-floor casino: 2,400 slots and 82 table games combined
· A total of seven restaurants
· A concert hall
· A ground-floor boutique
· A sweet shop
· A poker room with 30 tables
· "A Latin-style dance club with live music and good food and great drinks and a big, outdoor patio area"
· A rooftop garden
Then there'd be a 12-floor hotel with 168 rooms whose lobby would sit on the fifth floor of the entertainment complex.
"We have to hit a home run here," Goldenberg said. "The project, with its various components, will fit perfectly into the middle of Market Street, much like Cinderella's slipper."
· Casino developer seeks transformation [Inquirer]