1) Fishtown: "Drink beer, make stuff" is the slogan for Workshop PHL, a new DIY school that's opening as a pop-up (with potential to become permanent) in Fishtown next week. Expect a fully stocked beer fridge, plus cool classes in photography, pickling, screen printing, and more.
2) King of Prussia: Saint Laurent (formerly YSL) just unveiled its first PA location in the King of Prussia Mall. Built to the specifications of brand creative director Hedi Slimane, the store's design concept is heavy on marble, concrete, and mirror.
3) Citywide: Racked Philly has posted its inaugural Beauty 38, a round-up of the best places in Philadelphia to get gorgeous. From blow-dry bars and beauty supply shops to salons and spas, the 38 spots represent the creme de la creme of Philly's beauty scene.
4) South Philly: Era Atomica is relocating its inventory of mid-century furniture and vintage home decor to a bigger, better space on East Passyunk Avenue. Later this year, the husband of shop owner Stacey Bartholetti will open a tattoo shop within the building's second and third floors.
5) Online: Philly-based brand Free People has replaced models with actual brand fans on the FP website, which is pretty cool if you want to see how that lacy maxi dress will look on people other than the impossibly leggy Karlie Klosses and Sasha Pivovarovas of the world.
· Racked Philly [philly.racked]