clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Relic of the Stetson Empire

Hidden City digs into the history of the Stetson Hospital Building, the last standing artifact of the one-time nine acre, 25-building complex built by "hat-making Czar" John B. Stetson. Located in South Kensington on the 1700 block of North 4th Street, the hospital opened in 1905 and remained in operation until 1970. "Today, the revival of South Kensington is well underway–especially to the south of the former hospital. With large segments of empty or underutilized land surrounding it, the site of the old Stetson Campus may one day be totally unrecognizable, save for this great old building." [Hidden City]