If you're heading out of town next week for Thanksgiving, don't do it on Hump Day. Wednesday between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. is the worst time to travel for Thanksgiving, according to Google Maps, which recently looked at Thanksgiving trends from the last three years. Once you've gobbled your down your turkey, extend your stay until Sunday. The report found that the worst time to travel across all of Thanksgiving week in Philly was 3 p.m. on Saturday. Traffic was actually 15 percent worse on Saturday than Sunday.
Other fun Philly facts:
· Out of 21 cities included in the report, Philly has the fourth worst traffic during Thanksgiving week.
· On Thanksgiving day, the heaviest traffic is between noon and 2 p.m.
· Philly folks most often search beer stores, pretzel stores, and supermarkets on turkey day.
· Philly residents would rather go to the movies or museums on Black Friday than the mall.
Traveling elsewhere? Here's a map of data trends around the country.
· Google Maps releases traffic and search trends during Thanksgiving holiday [Metro]
· Get ahead this Thanksgiving with Google Maps [Google]