Demolition at 11th and Market is moving right along, paving the way for the $230 million first phase of the East Market development project. This first phase will focus on the development of the buildings facing Market Street and the renovation of 34 South 11th Street (the old Family Court building), to include 160,000 square feet of retail and 160,000 square feet of office space in addition to a 17-story mixed-use tower that will house 322 apartments. Upcoming phases of the project include: the addition of an abundant amount of digital signage along Market Street (like the massive digital sign that now lights up the night from the top of the Lits Building), more green space, and promenades that lead to a retail corridor.
· Demolition continues at East Market [Curbed Philly]
· Demolition at East Market is Underway [Curbed Philly]
· East Market Development Lands First Retail Tenant [Curbed Philly]
· At a cost of $230M, First Phase of East Market Underway [PBJ]
· Lits Building LED Signage Officially Turned On [Curbed Philly]