There's been lots of talk about 500 Walnut, the ultra-luxurious 26-story tower behind Independence Hall. Architect Cecil Baker has famously declared that they've built this property for the type of buyer that is seeking "New York" luxury. Through 38 fabulous private residences with some amenities to match, they're out to court royalty with their two penthouses.
And now Cecil can stand victorious, because according to sources at Michael Angelina, Beyoncé and Jay Z have bought in. Big time. Right?
The couple are said to have bought in to the tune of a cool $20M unit. The penthouse is on the southwest corner on 5th and Walnut streets.
Or at least that's what some say. The VP of 500 Walnut, however, denies it, according to Philly Mag. Paula Celetti-Baron, vice president of sales and marketing with 500 Walnut, maintains that "It was a realtor that posted the info for self-serving purposes."
Whoever you believe, the buyer needs to have some serious cash to access this property.
The fact sheet has some details on the ten full-floor residences: "4200 square feet will be fully customizable with expansive balconies, true floor-to-ceiling windows, fireplaces, private elevator access, 11 ft. ceilings and some of the most spectacular views ever offered in a center city high rise." Prices for these units will be from $5M to $9M. The rest of the units will range from $2.5M to $4M for 2,500 to 3,100 square-foot plans.
Here are the amenities that all residents can enjoy at 500 Walnut:
· Fully-automated 80 space parking facility that parks and retrieves vehicles in under 90-seconds
· 4,000 square-foot terrace overlooking Independence Hall
· Fire pit area and special lounge are on said terrace
· Multi-level glass enclosed two story fitness center with state of the art equipment,yoga/workout room, massage room, and steam room
· Three lane glass enclosed lap pool
·Entertainment suite for hosting fundraisers for 50 guests complete with catering kitchen, and lounge area
· Private Boardroom for business meetings
· Golf Simulator
· Dog Wash area to care for family pets
· Private lobby level garden with water feature
· Private guest suite
· Town car with driver
·24 hour full service concierge to handle your every need
Oh, and one other amenity: superstar neighbors. (Maybe).
Units also come with a 10-year tax abatement. The project is breaking ground now, and will be move-in ready by spring 2017.
· Cecil Baker On Buyers for 500 Walnut: "They Want New York" [Curbed Philly]
· Jay Z and Beyonce Purchase Most Expensive Philadelphia Real Estate Ever [Michael Angelina]
· VP of 500 Walnut on Jay Z/Beyonce Rumor: "It Is Not True"
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/property/2015/03/24/jay-z-beyonce-house-philadelphia-penthouse-500walnut/#u0qqc7Zm8H5l5CtZ.99 [Philly Mag]