Papal Visit Passes for the weekend of the pope's visit to Philly will go on sale online only on July 20th at 9:00 am. The passes will be required for everyone riding regional rail the days of September 26th and 27th, and this is important: each outlying station will be paired with an in-town station that you will need to return to in order to exit the city at the end of your visit.
Here's the skinny:
· Trains on all lines with the exception of the Airport Line will operate inbound in the morning and outbound in the afternoon.
· Only three Center City stations will be in service on the weekend of the papal visit: Jefferson, 30th Street and University City. Each will be paired with several outlying stations:
-Norristown/Manayunk Line - Norristown Transportation Center
-Lansdale/Doylestown Line - Pennbrook and Fort Washington Stations
-Warminster Line - Warminster Station
-West Trenton Line - Woodbourne Station
-Fox Chase Line - Fox Chase Station
-Airport Line - Terminal A/B, Terminal C/D
-Paoli/Thorndale Line - Paoli and Radnor Stations
-Chesnut Hill West Line - Chestnut Hill West Station
-Trenton Line - Levittown and Croydon/Cornwells Heights Stations
-Wilmington/Newark Line Wilmington and Marcus Hook Stations
-Airport Line - Eastwick Station
-Media/Elwyn Line - Media and Primos Stations
Inbound service will operate from 5:30 a.m. to noon at all stations except Croydon and Cornwells Heights. Passengers will board in one of two boarding blocks: 5:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. to noon. Croydon will be open for the first boarding block only, and Cornwells Heights will be open only for the second.
Visitors will visit a special (yet unannounced) website to purchase tickets. When passengers purchase a pass (three-day passes will also be available), they have to indicate which boarding time and station they want.
Your tokens, SEPTA passes, and transfers will be valid for all operating busses, trolleys, and subways. Best familiarize yourself with the parameters of #popefence, when they're released. Via Philly Mag, bus lines that operate through the security zone for the papal visit will be suspended that weekend.
· Special One-Day Regional Rail Passes Required for Sept. 26 and 27 During Papal Visit [SEPTA]
· NBC 10 and The Myth of the Papal Fence [Curbed Philly]
· SEPTA and the Pope's Visit: Everything You Need to Know [Philly Mag]