The super fun and colorful Oval on Benjamin Franklin Parkway will return this summer beginning July 15 through August 21.
The Fairmount Park Conservancy and Philadelphia's Parks and Recreation announced today that the Oval's beer garden, art murals, and food trucks will return to Eakins Oval this summer, fresh with a few new events and activities to coincide with the Democratic National Convention.
Here's the regular schedule for the summer season:
- Wednesdays (Wellness): 11 AM – 10 PM
- Thursdays (Arts & Culture): 11 AM – 10 PM
- Fridays (Food & Flicks): 11 AM – 10 PM
- Saturdays (Game Day): 11 AM – 7 PM
- Sundays (Family Fun): 11 AM – 7 PM
Beer Garden at The Oval
- Wednesdays - Fridays, 5 – 10 pm
- Saturdays, 12 – 7 pm
- Sundays, 12 – 5 pm
In addition, during the Democratic National Convention from July 24 to 29, there will be additional activities like Political Quizzo on July 25 at 7 p.m. The beer garden will also be open Monday through Friday from 5 to 10 p.m.
You can find day-by-day details and schedule of events at the Oval's website.
- The Oval [Official]
- PHS pop-up park planned for Reading Viaduct Rail Park [Curbed Philly]