Likely 2013 will be remembered as the year University City boomed as several new high-rises and residential developments broke ground. But along with progress, came a few tough losses; a number of noteworthy buildings across the city were demolished. Some went quietly, others gained national media attention. So turn the lights down low and hold onto your misty water-colored memories, it is time to say goodbye, one more time.
· Demolition Imminent at North Philadelphia Landmark St. Bonaventure [Hidden City]
· Ortlieb's Brewery is Being Demolished [Plan Philly]
· Final Curtain for the Former Edison High [Hidden City]
· Homes Replacing the Pain Center Will Be Less, Uh, Painful [Naked Philly]
· Demolition of Old Armory Faces Heightened Scrutiny [Phila Inquirer]